We were thrilled to bring our tips for protecting your skin to the WCCO Mid-Morning Show. Check out the segment below for 5 Sun Protection tips to keep in mind during Skin Cancer Awareness month!
The Skin Sisters tips:
- Use a sunscreen with Titanium Dioxide or Zinc Oxide.
- Remember to reapply every 2 hours – sooner if you’re sweating or swimming! Brush-on SPF if a great tool for reapplying without messy creams.
- UV light easily penetrates glass and can reach your skin through the windows in your car or office. 3M makes a great film that instantly gives your window an SPF 1000! It’s paper thin (as thin as a post-it note!) and practically invisible. Find more information here: 3M Windowfilm.
- Sun protective clothing can be fashionable AND functional! Wearing clothing with SPF (commonly referred to as UPF in clothing) is an easy way to protect your skin.
- Find products that you’re using anyhow, and choose a version with SPF. For example, an eye cream with SPF or a lip balm with SPF.
We’ll share more information on these tips during the month of May!