We joined Alix Kendall on the Fox 9 Buzz to discuss all things sun protection for summer! Here are a few of our favorite tips:
- Apply sunscreen first thing in the morning to protect yourself against UV rays that come through windows or that you get while running outside with the dog – these little bits add up over a lifetime!
- Choose an SPF 30 or higher for the best protection and apply properly. You should use a quarter sized amount on your face and a shot glass full to your body.
- Even though sunscreen doesn’t expire for 3 years after it is manufactured, you shouldn’t be saving it from year to year because if you’re using it properly you won’t have any left over!
- Consider adding an antioxidant serum to your routine to protect against the effects of the sun that sunscreen doesn’t protect you from.
- Lastly – what is our best anti-aging secret? Wearing sunscreen regularly will help to keep your skin looking healthy and youthful!