This morning we went LIVE with Madeline Nachbar, Trend & Style editor at Mpls.St.Paul Magazine, to talk all things skincare. It’s a unique time for skincare – we’re all spending so much time at home, but we still want to optimize our skincare regimen to have our skin looking great now and this summer!
We share these inside tips on our Instagram @theskinsisters – you can always look there for the inside scoop on age old AND trending skincare topics!
Here are some of the topics and products we discussed with Madeline this morning:
1. Favorite products of the moment: Its ALL about hydration these days!
2. How to get your skin ready for spring & summer? It’s all about even skin tone and healthy glowing skin. The goal is not feeling like you need to wear makeup during the warmer weather! Here are the products we recommended for getting there:
Acids: They remove dead skin cells from dull winter skin, brighten complexion, clean out clogged pores.
Retinoids: Regulate skin cell turnover to stimulate new, healthy collagen products to prevent wrinkles and fine lines. They also help to even out skin texture and tone. If you’re just starting with a retinoid, use only a pea size amount every other night and layer with a moisturizer.
Sunscreen: The MVP and most important step of the skincare routine. Find one that you love and wear it every. single. day. Reapply every 2 hours.
- Elta MD UV Clear
- La Roche Posay AOX Daily Antioxidant Serum with SPF
- PCA Skin Hydrator Plus SPF 30
- Neocutis Micro Day Rejuvenation Cream
Antioxidants: They help to protect from the sun, pollution… even the blue light that comes from your phone & computer screen! They also help to improve your skin’s texture and tone.
3. Our Minneapolis & St. Paul companies are making some amazing skincare products these days! Here are two that we discussed:
4. Our favorite face masks: these are a great way to get a moisture surge to rejuvenate your skin!
5. While we can’t get into the spa… here are some of our favorite AT HOME skin treatments:
Thanks to Madeline and Mpls.St.Paul Magazine for the opportunity to share some of our favorites products!